Thursday, May 18, 2017

Happy Anniversary to Us!

May 18, 2017

Over the last seven years it has been my tradition to write a poem for our anniversary.  Though there were some lines that came to mind last night, they never completely gelled.  My good intentions have been disrupted you might say with the business of getting some things done around our new place of abode in preparation for my wifey's arrival here in North Carolina next week.

So, to my surprise and delight she wrote one and we rejoice together in the goodness of God.

Here it is ....

"Sweet Kisses" on my husband's face
Although he's far away
He calls me every morning
before I start my day.

At 5 am, it's 8 am
My phone begins to ring
Three messages delight my heart
A Song he picks to sing

A morning prayer, A Bible verse
The sweetest sounds I've heard
I hold the phone close to my ear
And hang on every word.

I love this man with all my heart
We're very strange, it's true
But seven years ago today
God knew just what to do.

No one really understood
The weirdness that is me
Until I met my Michael
And he let me, be me!

God took two wacky people
Three thousands miles apart
And joined us both together
But, that was just the start!

Sweet Kisses on his handsome face
We're very strange it's true
But strange is good, and weird is fine
When there are two of you!

After seven years of marriage
It gets clearly every day
How blessed I am that this sweet man
Loves me anyway!

So husband, as I close these lines
Although we're far away
Sweet Kisses on your handsome face
I love you more each day!

Happy 7th Anniversary Husband!


Dianna Lynne Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment