Saturday, August 19, 2017

With Me



Michael E. Wood
August 18, 2017

“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.” John 15:1

As children of the living God all His promises are Yeah and Amen through the finished work of Christ. Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is with us always and yet we may find ourselves struggling with the conscience awareness of His presence at times. While sitting in Sunday school at Beacon Baptist Church these words began to roll and then came to an abrupt stop and thus I sit this little poem to the side for nearly two weeks. Knowing I had a little extra time after some time in the Word and prayer I decided to pick it back up and here is the result.


You are with me in my studies as my mind I must submit
To the wisdom You alone can give to know that which is fit
To transform me as a vessel through which You alone may speak
By the power of Your Spirit to bring forth some who will seek-
To know You as the Father as the One who qualified
Every member of the body through the Son who for us died.

And You sent the Holy Spirit both to birth and then to teach
Every part for Your own glory, till the day we all shall reach
The apex of maturity which only shall be seen
In its, fullness as the ages show the fruit that You did glean
Through the Vine of Your own planting, that great Truth through which You shine
Forth the Light that’s everlasting in the midst of all of Thine.

No comments:

Post a Comment