Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Content in Him

God woke me to Himself this morn,
It was His choice for me.
Through all my sin and muddled thoughts
His cross has set me free.

As thoughts and dreams of days gone by
Came rushing to my mind,
Of those who walked this pilgrim way
God's glory they did find.

Of Ruth and Jacob, Joseph too,
Their stories all declared
His grace sufficient for each day
Their cross for Him they bared.

It was His word that led them through
Their tragedies and loss,
That gave them strength and comfort too,
To bare this mighty cross.

Of death to self and suffering
His grace caused them to stand.
To run their race and see His face,
Led forth by His right hand.

Content in Him is where I am,
My heart is in His hand;
To do with me as He sees fit,
Fulfilled by His command.

Oh, for the grace to trust Him more,
This song He sings for me;
His Spirit guides and strength provides
For all my liberty.

Michael - November 30, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment