Wednesday, December 15, 2010

By His Mighty Spirit

Michael E. Wood
November 17, 2010

While coming to a close in reading, "The Holy Spirit" by John Owen, the following words came to mind.

Oh what dangers are a lurking
If we think to kill a sin,
If by faith we're not abiding
In the truth of Christ within.

So beyond imaginations
Or emotional sense: Appeal
To the love of Christ shown for us
By His death upon the hill.

For by means of death He changed us
To pursue by faith His purpose
To bring honor to the Father
That extends beyond the surface
Of a life lived only outward
By His Mighty Spirit in
Hearts that know Him to be Holy
As He speaks now peace within.

Though my love now fails to offer
All unto His perfect will,
Yet I cling unto His promise
More like Christ He'll make me still.
Thus with courage I now grapple
Strengthened by His Spirit's might
That in all things I may seek Him
And be pleasing in His sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment