Monday, August 22, 2011

Carried By Your Grace

Michael E. Wood
August 2, 2011

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside very weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1, 2

As followers of Christ, as we consider the fact that we are in the world but are not of the world, it behooves us to consider those things which we have been given as liberties. These would be things which are not overtly sinful in and of themselves nor bring dishonor to our Lord, yet invariably may either cause our weaker brother to stumble or serve as weights upon the legs of progress in our growth in grace and the advancement of the gospel and the kingdom of Christ for the glory of God. Let each one be fully persuaded in his own mind with a conscience captivated by the Word of God, dependant upon and taught by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us. God is the One true Judge to Whom we will give an account. His goodness and mercy follows us all the days of our life and we shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Hallelujah!

Deliver me from liberties, of which I now partake,
If they veil Your face to some that You for Your own sake
Would reveal the glory of Your grace to mortal men
And through their conscience prick their heart to own up to their sin
Of judging You as blind men do and know not their own weakness;
Yeah, as dead who heareth not the Man who in his meekness
Came to earth and suffered on a cruel Roman cross
That Your glory would display our purchase by His loss.


For in truth I know not anyone as vile as I
When confronted by my sin and to it daily die.
Oh help me by Your Spirit and Your holiness proclaim
That You alone are all my strength. Your glory is my aim!
And though I fail so miserably it pleases me to know
That You alone O Christ my King in faithfulness will show
Your smile through mercies daily gifts of love that I might praise
You more and more while carried by Your grace through all my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment