Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I AM With You Always

Michael E. Wood
June 4-8, 2012

Matthew 28: 20b And behold, I Am with you always, to the end of the age.

Living in the presence of Christ is not optional for the child of God. While we have been commissioned by Christ with the greatest work that any human soul could ever be involved in while here on earth, we are like wise commanded to behold the fact that He is with us always, to the end of the age. Upon being given the privilege of preaching to my brothers and sisters of Immanuel Baptist church on the subject of “Living in the presence of Christ”, (of which you can listen to by clicking here this link:  http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?SpeakerOnly=true&currSection=sermonsspeaker&keyword=Michael%5EWood , ) the following poem was given as an overflow of that privilege.

I Am with you when you rise and I Am with you when you sleep,
I Am with you every moment as the Shepherd of the sheep,
And watch and care for every one of which I’ve called by name
And placed within you glory in the bud removing shame; 
As grace sufficient for each day is now to you supplied,
You will magnify me by the life I lived for you and died,
With resurrection power as I reign o’er all the earth
And heaven by my Spirit showing all my matchless worth.

I Am with you when you’re low and I Am with you when you’re high,
And I Am with you by my providence to draw you ever nigh,
To see me as I Am one day in perfect purity
And cause you even now to see in part, imperfectly;
To reflect my glory, as the moon now does the sun
Having nothing in yourself but only that which now comes from
This gift I’ve given you by my own blood and through the cross
To know my tribulations are for good and not for loss.

I Am with you in afflictions showing others I Am health
Far beyond the bounds of mortal life, the source of all true wealth.
I Am with you when you see not what I’m doing for your good
And then gently will correct you by my glory understood,
That my presence may be with you as with me you are enthralled
By my goodness as revealed to you, the children I have called.
And then others will be strengthened while yet others may then stumble
As they grope for answers that I give unto the meek and humble.

I Am with you as a Father in communion as you call,
As the Bread of hidden manna feeding multitudes of all
Of which I have appointed in the sphere of all the host
Far beyond what you imagine through Jehovah, Holy Ghost.
I Am with you always to the end of present age,
Intertwining every member of my body for the stage,
In which the righteous will then shine like suns eternally
In the kingdom of their Father in His love then perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment