Sunday, September 23, 2012

To Be Like Jesus (New Song)

Michael E. Wood
August 7-8, 2012

I am often amazed how God uses men both from the present and from the past to stir my heart afresh in praise to Him. During the early part of my day while reading “Studies in The Sermon on the Mount”, by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones I came across the following statement, “’The day will declare it’, says Paul, as if to say: It is all right. I am going on with my ministry, I am doing everything with my eye on that day; people may criticize and say this or that about me, but I shall not allow that to worry me. I have delivered myself and my whole eternal future into the hand of the Lord my Judge, and the day of His judgment is going to make everything manifest.”

As we are thus exhorted to examine ourselves by His written Word in the light of that coming day, may He who is worthy of all praise continually move within our hearts by His Spirit and cause us to do all that we do to the glory of God.

Oh what a story! The God of glory,
Reveals Himself now through sacred page
As by His Spirit the myst’rys given
To know and love Him through every age.
For by His pleasure He had determined
The darkness would not the Lamb conceal.
To all appointed by His Anointed
His presence in us He has revealed.

Eternal purpose is that which led Him;
The One true Savior of all mankind
And by His grace we have now been given
God’s gift so perfect to know His mind;
To be like Jesus who once was riven
From God the Father when crucified
And by His blood now we are forgiven
And live to see Him when glorified.

And so we walk now with this assurance
Though groaning oft with remaining sin.
We shall put off all, while looking to Him
Who suffered for us, that Him we win.
Oh Hallelujah, to You our Savior;
To whom all glory and praise shall be!
The greatest pleasure in every measure,
You give to praise Thee eternally!

So when that day comes, when with the angels
We shall sing strains of immortal praise.
We’ll worship You then in spotless garments
And glory in You by whom we’re raised!
Oh come Lord Jesus, we as Your bride say
And by Your Spirit on You we call.
We long to worship with all creation
And bow before You, The Lord of all!



No comments:

Post a Comment