Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In Perfection, You Adore ( New Song)

Michael E. Wood
August 14, 2012

While sitting out on our balcony, the music of a hymn of which I could not name at that moment came to mind. I later found it to be the tune of, “Still Sweeter Every Day”, by W.C. Martin, 19th Century, and C. Austin Miles, 1868-1946. Thus a new song was given to another old hymn tune.

My heart was overburdened with my sin and full of strife,
And angry at the God of glory who had given life.
In ignorance I could not see until He gave the grace
To see my Savior took my sin and suffered in my place.

God’s truth there met with mercy, at Calv’ry to partake
Of holiness which only comes to us for Jesus sake.
  
From glory unto glory now I grow in strength by grace
Though there are times my visions clouded from the smiling face
Of Him who loves me as I am and for me intercedes.
His blood e’er cleanses me from sin and meets all of our needs.

He works all things together for good for all that love
Him, as the called and justified, and glorified above.
  
And when in heaven He shall wipe away all of our tears,
We’ll glory in the Lamb who conquered sin and all our fears.
Each moment will be greater as we see with perfect eyes
The One who was, and is, the Christ; our everlasting prize!

We long to worship You Lord, both now and evermore.
To see You in Your glory, in perfection, You adore!

No comments:

Post a Comment