Monday, June 17, 2013

His Excellence Declared

Michael E. Wood
May 7, 2013

Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, 2 Corinthians 3:5

While in the process of sermon preparation I feel the weight of the responsibility of the task at hand and when confronted by the magnitude of the glory of God in the things of which He speaks through His Word I am reminded that our sufficiency comes from God. I am likewise reminded by the Holy Spirit of remaining sin and pride within myself which humbles me to think that I have been given such a privilege and through feeling my own weakness and inadequacies understand my need for dependence upon our Father to give that which is best to the praise of His glory through the person of His Son.


My thoughts I cannot form alone
But grace from You divine
Comes flowing like the sap of life;
Abiding in the Vine,
As from Your Word, You teach me
By Your Spirit now in fear
That I may draw the closer
By Your love which is so dear.

So help me learn to please You
By my thoughts and actions here
Which manifests Your glory
By Your smile with every tear
That’s shed when I yet view afresh
The condescending blows
Of wrath endured for all my sins
By Christ alone who knows
The magnitude of love You have
For every single child
You bring to birth to demonstrate
His worth as undefiled.

Oh help me now fresh courage take
That others may behold
The power of the cross of Christ
The proof of Him as told
From lips of weakness and of clay;
His excellence declared
By life and words while speaking forth
Your glory He has shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment