Tuesday, November 5, 2013

More of You (New Song)

Michael E. Wood
October 2, 8-9, 2013

He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30

While this verse speaks particularly of the relationship of John the Baptist with Jesus the Messiah in salvation history, the thought occurred to me that the principle of our ongoing sanctification could also be observed.

As we consider how we might become more usable to God in the advancement of His Kingdom, our focus should be continually brought to the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  For we are the workmanship of God, created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.  So then as we proceed to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, it should likewise become more and more evident that it is Christ in us, the hope of glory, who will bring about His purposes by the power of His Spirit to praise of His glorious grace.


Contemplation's never cease
Of how Your kingdom may increase.
But I find so oft, I fall so short
Through life You give on lease.
And what I need in all I say,
And what I need in all I do
Is so much less of what’s of me
And so much more of what’s of You.
More of You to cheer the heart
Which feels the pains of searing loss.
More of You to give the strength
To bear the burdens of the cross.
For the joy You set before all those
Who look to You and live,
You have promised to bring forth
That we may You the glory give.


---------
Father, help me by Your Spirit
In the cross of Christ to hide,
Knowing You are ever present
As the blood spilled from the side
Of my Savior who has given words
To know Him as my guide,
And to slay my pride remaining
And in Him alone abide.
More of You to give the grace
I need to honor You each day.
More of You to shine the light
Of life to others on the way
To the house You have prepared
For those who look to You and live,
As our Father through the Son
That we may You the glory give.


-----------
So then all You have appointed,
Help us see by Your own hand,
You have brought to know the truth,
By Christ alone we’re made to stand.
May Your faithfulness and love
Give strength in weakness that we feel
As the treasure in these jars of clay
Show others, He is Real!
More of You to give the grace
To walk in true humility.
More of You to change our thoughts
To live a life of purity.
For the glory we behold
As those who look to You and live
Shall be fully consummated
In Your presence then to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment