Thursday, February 25, 2010

And White Like Snow...

My night was somewhat restless tossing and turning and yet the Lord has been so gracious in filling me with the wonder of Himself and His amazing grace and beauty, as the snow fell for a little while this morning, and has given me yet another poem.


(Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be eaten by the sword; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken." Therefore the Lord declares, the LORD of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel: "Ah, I will get relief from my enemies and avenge myself on my foes. I will turn my hand against you and will smelt away your dross as with lye and remove all your alloy. And I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counselors as at the beginning.Afterward you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city." Zion shall be redeemed by justice, and those in her who repent, by righteousness. Isaiah 1:18-20,24-27 )

Do you like to sit and stare
As the snow falls from the air?


Most every little flake I think
Is quite unique as they do sink.
Some are driven, and some they float,
Some seem to dance with glee and gloat,
As if they had a mind themselves
To uphold themselves above the shelves


Of time and gravity to stall
And yet they all do surely fall.
What wondrous thoughts they now do stir
Of the One Who came, sin's double cure.
The One Who calls us now to reason,
Though filled with sins like red and treason


Against the God from which we came,
The Almighty, The Omniscient One, The Same.
He knows our every thought and deed
And yet He sent His Son to plead
For those who from their sins repent
And turn to Christ from heaven sent.


And white like snow you'll covered be
By Him Who died on Calvary.
He came to save us from our sin
To know the pleasures all within
The glories of our God and King
Who for His glory we now do sing.

Michael E. Wood
February 25, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment