Monday, February 22, 2010

"Through Christ my Sacrifice, Who is my Own"

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. R0mans 5:1-5

Upon being lifted up through the mediation of Christ and meditation of Romans 1-4; 1st John 2:1,2; and Romans 5:1-5, intermingled with thoughts which streamed from the Tenth Argument for Closet Prayer by Thomas Brooks in his book, "The Privy Key to Heaven", of which my beloved Dianna and I have begun to read together, this song came to mind. Though this song was given to me as an expression of the unfathomable work of grace HE HAS DONE IN ME, it is my hope that He will use it as a testimony of the glory of His grace in congregational singing, as we, with one heart, one mind, and one mouth glorify our God for His unspeakable Gift!

"Through Christ my Sacrifice, Who is my Own"

The Father willed to give,
His Son that I might live.
For wrath and sin atoned,
Through Him, I now am owned.
Though wretched vile within,
His blood now covers sin,
And all I am is His,
Through Christ Alone!

(Chorus)
In Christ I'm justified,
My soul is free.
In Christ I'm satisfied,
God's pleased with me.
Before my Father's throne,
My glory will be shown,
Through Christ my sacrifice,
Who is my own!

My secret sins He sees,
And brings me to my knees.
His Spirit intercedes,
Supplies for all my needs.
To Him I now will cling,
And all my days I'll sing.
Give glory to my God,
Through Christ alone!

(Chorus)

His presence now with me,
To Him, all glory be.
His grace now makes me stand,
He leads me by His hand.
His holiness in me,
Perfected I will be.
My Hope, no shame I'll have,
Through Christ alone!

(Chorus)

Michael E. Wood
February 21-22, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment