Friday, October 22, 2010

How Precious Are Your Thoughts to Me.

O how thankful I am for the Word of God, who became flesh, and dwells among us by faith in His blood. How thankful I am that He has given us His Spirit by which He leads us into all truth through His written Word, comforting, guarding and guiding us each day til we are with Him in glory. How wonderful is our Almighty God and Father, who loves us as His Own Son, and gives to us individually that which we have need of for our good and His glory.

While looking to Him and struggling for answers concerning other things; reading in Psalms 139, and 92, the following words with music came to mind:

How precious are Your thoughts to me--
O God how great the sum!
When I awake, I'm still with You
O Christ, the Risen One!
O search me God and know my heart,
You made of flesh from stone
For Jesus came and shed His blood
To make me all Your Own.

How wonderful, are all Your works
My soul knows very well.
For I was made in secret
When my life was bent toward hell.
Your eyes saw all my substance
When unformed, but in Your book--
All written, every single day
You changed with just one look.

You called my name and gave to me
A brand new set of eyes;
That I might look upon Your face
My everlasting Prize!
Oh make me more like Jesus
As You change my wicked ways--
From glory unto glory
Til with you at end of days.

Oh You who are my Sabbath,
How I thank You for Your grace;
For Christ alone for sin atoned
To see Your smiling face.
For You, O LORD, have made me glad--
Most High, Your praise to sing.
And joyfully shall all Your works
To You our offering bring.

Michael E. Wood
September 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment