Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Everlasting Prize

How wonderful and how humbling it is to contemplate the great salvation of which we have been made partakers of through the mediation of Christ! And is it not much easier to contemplate and obey His command to esteem others better than ourselves when we look to those who have gone and those who do go before us as examples of the faith God has so richly blessed us with?

All Your works shall give thanks to You, O LORD and all Your saints shall bless You! They shall speak of the glory of Your Kingdom and tell of Your power, to make known to the children of man Your mighty deeds and the glorious splendor of Your kingdom. Psalm 145:10-12

How pure Thy love transcendeth me
To glorify Thy dignity.
As sweet perfume to Thine Own fields
Your grace transforms; my spirit yields.

And as Your love constraineth me,
My soul looks up, like You to be.
In You I find no more noble task
Than for Your Holy Spirit ask.

For by Your cross You have secured
My way to You to make me pure.
For as I am in sure position,
I long to rise in acquisition.

So humbled by Your matchless love
Direct my heart to You above.
Oh help me by Your Spirit do
And by Your Word what pleaseth You.

And every day I rest assured
Tis by Your grace I shall endure.
For You are God, forever wise,
And You my everlasting Prize.

Though my thoughts have their limits.
Your resurrection power exhibits
Your all transforming grace to prove
There is no other God like You.

Michael E. Wood
September 17, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment