Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Dear Wifey

Michael E. Wood
January 18, 2012

On November 17th 2008, by the providence of God, Dianna and I first met. Many a precious moment was spent together in the fellowship of the Spirit of Christ, though separated by three thousand miles. On May 18th 2010 we were blessed to be joined as one to the praise of His glorious grace and to begin our life together by making our earthly home in Northern California. Over the last few days as we are brought near to celebrating two years of marriage, we have spoken of how easy it is to slip into a sense of taking each other for granted, and yet our Father continually surprises us with gratitude first and foremost for Christ and then for each other in the manner in which He is pleased to use us for His glory.

While Dianna was at home for lunch today she spent most of her time completing some details for a guest post on a blog from Connecticut with the potential to be read by thousands of people around the world. I smiled with delight as earlier in the day she read the material that is to be posted, knowing that Christ is exalted! As she was heading back to work she apologized for not spending more time with me during her break, and the following came to mind of which I called and left on her answering machine. And by the way, C.H. Spurgeon used to call his wife “wifey”, and I have picked up the habit as of late.

Your love for Christ is my one great concern
And is that of which you should know and discern
Which makes you more precious than all to my eye
By Him who did willingly for us both die.


Not simply that we might have total forgiveness
But much more so as to walk in His presence
To trust and enjoy the unspeakable Spring
Of His Spirit to praise Him with song as we sing.


Fear not my dear wifey for you I do love
Much more than before as you are my sweet dove
With which I can fly and be constant in song
Until we see Jesus, for whom we do long!

No comments:

Post a Comment