Saturday, February 4, 2012

His Harvest of Righteousness

Michael E. Wood
January 13, 2012

2nd Corinthians 12:9,10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Romans 7:4
Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.

Romans 8:2¬-4
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

As we grow older we become more acutely aware of the infirmities of our earthly bodies, and as we live in this fallen world fighting the fight of faith we also become increasingly aware of how utterly inept we are to do anything of eternal value apart from living and walking in the Spirit of Christ. But thanks be to God which gives us the victory and causes us to triumph through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who abundantly supplies more than we can ask or think.

Of my infirmities now I will boast,
For I am indwelt by the sweet Holy Ghost.
Under His influence now made to dwell,
As Christ has delivered from sin and from hell.

But not only this; God has caused me to walk
In the life that I live, and it will for me talk,
As Christ was not sent just to cover my shame,
But forever to live and His glory proclaim.

Bound then for glory with a taste of it now
In Jesus my hands are now fit for the plough
Which turns up the dirt as He breaks every clod
To make me like Him with His staff and His rod.

For fruit unto God He has called me to bear
Which comes from the Root of His glory to share,
Designed by His will in eternity past
And springs from Christ Jesus from first unto last.

So thus by this vessel God made from the dust
And breathed in new life by His Spirit to trust,
His glory to shine as His will is fulfilled
As His harvest of righteousness only will yield.

No comments:

Post a Comment