Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sparks of Praise: Remembrances 2010 – Part One


Michael E. Wood

With increased opportunities and responsibilities of being used as a vessel of mercy through which I trust the Spirit of God is writing the truth of the gospel upon the hearts of men and women unto the glory of God the Father and Jesus Christ whom He hath sent, I am likewise finding it more difficult to maintain the pace of writing poetry of which I once enjoyed. Working on memorizing some of the songs that have been previously given also takes a toll on having time to devote to new writing, but with the added blessing of being able to have the capacity for recall has its own set of benefits as well.

There are many times that a couple of lines of praise or prayer may come to mind in the form of poetry, but I do not have the time to write them down and sometimes I am just plain lazy. There are yet other times a desire for excellence is given and thus delay putting pen to paper. With that said, there have been a number of times that a simple spark of praise has been given over the past couple of years that have been written down with the intent of writing more later. Since it seems that I may never get around to expanding upon these, we thought we would simply publish them as is, so that they would be included in our books of remembrances. So then, the next few posts will be entitled, “Sparks of Praise; Remembrances”

July 15, 2010

I will delight in who You are,
Oh You who are my God
For all in love You do for me
Though chastened by Your rod.
For You know best, withholding not
To show Your loving favor
To make me more like Christ my King,
Who is my Lord and Savior.



Instruments of Righteousness
August 1, 2010

Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.  Romans 6:13

Trombone, guitar, and piccolo
Engaged by Christ, His glory show
In harmony let all proclaim
The splendor of our Savior’s name.

As God our Father orchestrates
Our hearts, while Him we contemplate;
Oh by His mighty Spirit sound
The name of Jesus with renown.

No comments:

Post a Comment