Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sparks of Praise Continued: Remembrances 2011

Michael E. Wood

March 3, 2011

Though I be a lesser light
Than those now gone before,
My aim with sincere faith remains
The same as those of yore.
For as I have been chosen
To reflect the Greatest Light,
May God be glorified in me
Through Christ who gave me sight.

March 25, 2011

Can you say that you were saved
When for sin is what you craved
With no thought for God to honor,
His Holy Name, you brought dishonor.

Satan’s strong to make pervert
The scriptures to those not alert
And his poison thus remains
Flowing freely in the veins,
Diluting all who in their pride
Walk the way that’s broad and wide.

March 27, 2011

 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,  even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:15-18

 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.  When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.  He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.   All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you."  John 16:12-15

Pastor Robert Briggs preached, “The Central Aspect of The Spirit’s Ministry in the Life of the Believer as Spoken by Christ.”

Oh One who now declares the truth
Of all we have by grace
Received to know and love the Light
Of Glory’s Precious Face.
Oh come and tell us more afresh
Of what we now can bear
That Jesus may be magnified
As life in Him we share.


No comments:

Post a Comment