Saturday, February 2, 2013

With My Song I Give You Thanks (New Song)


Michael E. Wood
December 24-25, 2012

Blessed be the Lord! For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28:6-7

“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”  Isaiah 12:2

He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.  Psalm 40:3

When God the Father graciously reveals the Son of his love to us by the cross of Calvary through the power of the Holy Spirit; He not only becomes the object of our praise, but the very source of our praise. For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen.

What began as a chorus springing from Psalm 28:6-7 developed into a song over a two day period of time with two different melodies; one of them being closely akin to the country music classic” This World is Not my Home”, written in 1965 by Mary Reeves and Albert E. Brumley  (I write this strictly as a note to myself as writing the words often comes much easier than remembering the music and there is enough difference in the tune of which someone else would actually have to hear it to know where the similarities come in.)

This life You give to live according to Your will,
As by the Word of truth Your Spirit did reveal,
My sins You did forgive to glorify Your Name
Through Your Son who bore my shame.

(Chorus)
With my song I give You thanks for You have heard my pleas
For mercy and for strength when humbled on my knees.
Oh Lord, You are my shield; in You my heart will trust.
With my Song I give You thanks.

Your promises are that with which my soul You feed
As through the blood of Christ, You meet my every need,
And though the way seem hard, Your grace sufficient is
For my soul to know I’m His!

(Chorus)

With joy beyond all words, I now begin to taste
Your glory in the bud which stirs my heart to haste
To know You as You are; like Jesus I shall be,
My new Song, who set me free!

(Chorus)
With my song I give You thanks for You have heard my pleas
For mercy and for strength when humbled on my knees.
Oh Lord, You are my shield; in You my heart will trust.
With my Song I give You thanks.
With my Song I give You thanks.
With my Song I give You thanks.


2 comments:

  1. The Lord is good! Thank you for your comment and for visiting the blog. My wifey tells me that you are the captain of team Jabez.
    For His glory,Michael

    ReplyDelete