Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Righteousness; Not of my Own


Michael E. Wood
October 27, 2012

...filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:11

 It seems that I often have need to be reminded that as I come before the Father to receive from Him that which is needed in the ministry of the Word to others, that acceptance before Him is not found in anything that I might do. Though I am instructed to preach the Word, and to study to show myself approved of God; all of these things are provided as a free gift of His grace by the Spirit, which is given through the righteousness of Christ alone; to the glory and praise of our God.

Thank You for the quiet, wherein I may more comprehend
The wonder of Your presence, with Your glory as my end.
For in the moments when it seems I don’t accomplish much,
You use them to remind me, Tis not I but Christ and such
As comes by Your Sweet Spirit to behold with faith-filled eyes,
You are my All in all, Oh God, and Christ my treasured Prize!

So as it now may pleaseth You, I ask my heart You fill
With more of Your transcendent love to know and do Your will.
And as I now reflect upon what You may do or say,
Be pleased Oh Father to rejoice to prove through Christ: the Way,
That by his resurrection satisfaction is supplied
To show Your glory by Your righteousness, as not denied.

The righteousness; not of my own produces fruit that brings
All praise and glory to my God, through Christ; the King of kings.
For he has by himself fulfilled Your just and holy law
That we may by the grace he gives behold in humble awe,
The fact that You have saved us for the sake of Your own Name
And will present us faultless in Your glory without shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment