Saturday, April 13, 2013

Worship God in Glory Too!


Michael E. Wood
March 5, 2013

Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the overseers and deacons:
Philippians 1:1

That which is most often translated as the word servant in our English versions of the Bible is literally rendered ‘slave’ in the original Greek and Hebrew languages. Such is the case when we read the first verse of Philippians chapter one. Though this word engenders a negative connotation in the minds of most people, a thorough investigation of the background and the Source of our understanding which is God Himself teaches those of us who have been redeemed from the slave market of sin that our relationship with God through the person and work of Jesus Christ is based upon His unmerited love for us and brings delight in the fact that everything we are and everything we have belongs to Him. He has revealed Himself to us now in time that we may worship Him both now and forevermore.

Bound by love; by Christ I’m owned
For He has for my sin atoned.
Once so worthless; now His child,
Oh Praise His Name, on me He smiled-

So with my mind, my hands, my feet,
I’ll live for Him who made me meet
To offer up, as best I can,
And know by faith, in Him I stand

To know and do His Sovereign will
As He by scripture doth reveal
Unto my heart, while Spirit led
In thankfulness to Him who bled

To purchase all of the elect
And bring in time the full effect
Of praise and honor that is due
To worship God in glory too!

No comments:

Post a Comment