Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Few Who Have Fed my Poor Soul


Michael E. Wood
April 2-3, 2013

Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith. Hebrews 13:7

Over the course of the last several years God has been pleased to stimulate my heart in worship to Him through the use of giving poetry and songs in response to the things of which He teaches me through His Word.

Sometimes He teaches directly by His Spirit through the Word in personal communion either while reading and meditating therein or as He brings it to bear upon various situations in life. Sometimes He teaches by His Spirit through hearing His Word proclaimed through preaching and sometimes He teaches through the writings of those who are His; whether they are living here on the earth at the present or have been taken to glory  and have left their written works behind.

While contemplating putting together a small volume of some of the poetry and songs He has given me up to this point in my life with special emphasis upon the works of those who have gone before, it is my hope that these minuscule glimpses at His perfection will be used to stimulate others to partake of the volumes alluded to.


These are a few who have fed my poor soul
Whom God is now using since He made me whole;
To grow and to be what He made me to be
When Christ took my place on Mount Calvary’s tree.

He made me anew by His Spirit divine
To taste of the body and blood of the Vine,
Partaking of fatness which never shall cease
That the praise of His glory may ever increase.

With His image restored in my soul to reflect
The power and glory of Him to perfect
The new man He made when He saved me from sin
And death to the old man who once ruled within.

Oh help me, Oh Father to work out with fear
What You have worked in by Your Spirit so clear
To will and to work what You speak by Your Word
With a heart of obedience that You have stirred

To show forth the glory of Christ as the Treasure
You sent to the earth to fulfill all Your pleasure
To claim as a part of the remnant from shame
Perfecting forever the praise of Your Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment