Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Take My Life


Michael E. Wood
March 16, 2013

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1st John 1:7-9

How oft do we allow our sins to separate us from the enjoyment of God Himself, when confession is the very means by which we may draw nigh and have fellowship with Him?

Take my life, my sins and all
As I lay prostrate before You now.
Oh help me know Your mercies new
And humbly take of Your grace and bow
To worship You Almighty God
And Father of my poor ransomed soul,
For You have raised me up to see
You dwell within and make me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment