Monday, July 21, 2014

Clothed Now I with Righteousness

Michael E. Wood
March 30, 2014

Awake, awake, put on your strength, O Zion; put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; for there shall no more come into you the uncircumcised and the unclean. Shake yourself from the dust and arise; be seated, O Jerusalem; loose the bonds from your neck, O captive daughter of Zion. For thus says the Lord: “You were sold for nothing, and you shall be redeemed without money.” Isaiah 52:1-3

One of the ways of which we awake and shake ourselves is by learning to preach the gospel to ourselves on a regular basis. The boldness to approach the throne of grace to obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need comes from God the Father, through Christ the Son, as we are enabled by the Holy Spirit to see with ever increasing clarity that we have been clothed with the righteousness of Christ and thereby empowered to glorify Him both now and forevermore. Amen!

He heard my cry for mercy
When undone in my distress.
Twas His grace that taught me
I was lost in sin and nakedness.

In need of clothing, I could
Not obtain by works I do,
And yet He bid me come and buy
Through Christ who paid my due.

So clothed now I with righteousness
Though wretched yet within,
I now approach with confidence
He will save to this end;

That Christ alone be magnified
And glorified at last
When all will see, from east to west
Our sins through Him were cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment