Saturday, April 24, 2010

Your Testimonies Rejoice My Heart

While contemplating Psalm 119, it occurred to me that this Psalm though filled with instruction, is also a continual prayer with praise unto our God for His Unspeakable Gift, imparted by His Word into our hearts as we are made acceptable in His sight through our blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ unto the glory of God both now and forevermore. Amen!

As I arrived at verse 111 in this Psalm, "Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart", the following words came to mind;

Your testimonies rejoice my heart
For by Your Word You now impart
The Beauty of my God and King,
Lord Jesus Christ, to you I sing!

You've blessed me with this life's afflictions,
And bring deliverance from all addictions,
Of which my flesh so strongly clings
And blinds my eyes to heavenly things.

Oh, help me daily rise above
All vanities by Your steadfast love.
According to Your Promise give,
True Light to my eyes that I may live,

In such a way that pleases You
As You unfold Your Words so True, (119:130)
Appointed by Your Sovereign grace
That we may see Your smiling face,

Upon our lives to honor You (119:135)
In all we think, and say, and do.
We Your servants in Your Word delight
For it is tried, and true, and right! (119:140)

And though we tremble and tend to faint,
You hear the cry of every saint,
Which ascends as sweet perfume,
The smell of which You brought to bloom,

That we may know how near You Are,
Ever present, and never far (119:151)
From all that You would choose to give,
The grace of life, for Your glory live.


Michael E. Wood
April 24, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment