Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jesus IS our Jubilee!

While contemplating Psalm 139, I came to verses 17,18,23-24, which read, "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would out number the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. " " Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting", the following thoughts came to mind:

How precious are Your thoughts, O God
Secured for us by Jesse's rod.
How vast they are as You display
Your work of grace in us of clay.

For by Your Word You now impart
To every simple broken heart
Of which You choose in Christ to mend
To sing Your praise, world without end.

All things You spoke to be and wrought
By Him Who once stood then and taught
Beside the shores of Galilee,
Now Jesus Is our Jubilee!

Oh what delight to know You know
Our every need that we may grow.
Oh search in us now every part,
That we may know how great Thou Art!

We thank You for the grace of asking.
The way You lead now everlasting
Until we meet on heaven's shore
And see You Jesus, Whom we adore.

Michael E. Wood
April 28, 2010

After writing the final line, the Spirit of God brought 2nd Cor.10:3-5. Praise God for the obedience of Christ working in us both to will and to do of the good pleasure of God!


"For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment