Thursday, April 29, 2010

Let Us Rejoice and be Glad in HIM

How often have some of us been in a service in which we have sung the song of praise which begins with the words, "This is the day that the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it", taken from Psalm 118:24? Perhaps it has been but my own ignorance, but until recently my own thoughts had always been focused on the twenty-four hour period of the particular day of which I had been given the grace to live in, but as my beloved Dianna and I read this passage together I was reminded that "THE DAY" which is referred to in this passage is THE DAY our Saviour went to the cross and paid for the sins of His people.(see Psalm 118:14-27 for the context) Oh, how lofty our praise then must be unto our God for THE DAY THAT HE HAS MADE; LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN HIM!

While reading Psalm 143, and coming to the words, "I remember the days of old; I meditate on all You have done", the preceding text came to mind and the following words came to mind;

Thank You O LORD, for the day of the cross,
For on that day, Christ redeemed me from loss.
As we are now the work of Your Hand
We thirst for You as in a parched land.

Oh hear my pleas for mercy and answer (143:1)
Your righteousness, the cure for my cancer
Oh answer me quickly and make my soul fit
Lest I be like those who go down to the pit. (143:7)

Your faithfulness hide not now from me (143:7,9)
The face of Christ to Whom I will flee.
May Your Spirit lead me on level ground (143:10)
That all may know the Sweet Joyful sound,

As for Your Name's sake, my life You preserve, (143:11)
O LORD, from all my sin doth deserve.
Your righteousness, my soul out of trouble,
You bring by Your love and give me the double

Cure for my sin, and cure for my soul,
That all may see Your glory the goal,
As now, I Your servant will look unto You (143:12)
As You will destroy all my enemies too.

For You are my Rock, and my hands for the war
You train and You keep for all that's in store (144:1,2)
For You are my Refuge to Whom I now yield,
My Fortress, my Comfort, my Stronghold, my Shield!

Michael E. Wood
April 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment