Friday, July 29, 2011

Blessings From Very Light Afflictions - Part Five

Michael E. Wood
July 8, 2011

Often when I am given a new poem, my immediate desire is to share what I have been given with my beloved Dianna as soon as possible. Upon calling her and reading to her the poem from the previous post, I said, “Why is God so good to me?”, and then, “I know the answer to that!” Upon hanging up the phone the following came to mind.

The Smile of God and Not a Frown

Why is God so good to me
Is what I ask in part,
When I know the dark recesses
Of my stubborn heart?


Then in mercy, He doth speak
By Holy Spirit groan,
“In Christ alone, You are mine,
Whose blood did full atone
For every action, every thought
Of sin with great offense.
I Am your One Great Treasure,
And I Am your Recompense!
For My glory, I have raised you
From eternal loss.
For My praise you may forever
Glory in the cross!”


And thus His exaltation
Is forever now my aim.
His steadfast love and faithfulness
Forevermore proclaim.


For He is all my hope
And all my joy,
And all my crown;
For in Him
I receive
The smile of God and not a frown!

No comments:

Post a Comment