Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To Us Makes It Plain

Michael E. Wood
June 30, 2011

Having strained my back earlier in the week and finding it difficult to move around without pain, I found myself having to make arrangements for someone to fill in for me in the janitorial duties at church. With having some extra time on my hands I decided to read the Gospel Coalition blog for the day and share its content, via email, with one of the elders from our church.  In his first reply, he asked how I was feeling and in his second reply, he said that I should have some good time for reading and writing.  In between emails, the poem below was composed and I forwarded it along with my reply beginning with, "Thanks Jeremy.  I started to reply to your first email by answering "feeling older" but before I could answer, here's what He gave me between emails."

Older days and still amazed
At just how good God is,
For He confines, to know His mind,
And know that I am His.


For in the pain there is much gain
And glory to behold,
To be still and know His will,
As He to me unfolds


His light amidst earthly conflicts
As darkness flees away
To rejoice in Sovereign choice
That He has brought my way.


For as we shall behold Him well
Amidst obscurity,
We ask for pow'r in the hour
He gives for clarity.


To make Him known, as from the throne
He calls His human sheep.
By His Spirit; His voice they hear it,
And know that He will keep


All who fall and to Him call,
As Christ for us was slain,
As He from glory, reveals His story
And to us makes it plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment