Thursday, October 20, 2011

What Have I Now Obtained

Michael E. Wood
September 25, 2011

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ 2nd Peter 1:1

Oh what elevation we have received as a gift of the grace of our God and Savior Jesus Christ. It is the righteousness of Christ that has set us apart by the power of His Spirit to be made partakers of the divine nature. This faith we have received is of equal standing with all that have gone before us, and now dwell in the presence of Him that dwells in inapproachable light.

What have I now obtained,
But that which I received
When God in mercy changed my heart
And by Him I believed.


The truth of Christ prevailed;
His righteousness alone
Has lifted me by grace through faith
To own me as His Own.


Tis faith of equal standing
With all now gone before
And built upon the truth of Him
Of Whom we now adore.


Not just a lovely song
But more than life to me
And He to whom my soul shall look
And cast my every plea


For mercy new each day
And grace for every need
Of which I trust He will supply
As He my soul doth feed


With more of His abundance
Which spans eternity
And causes me to hold to Him
Who held me on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment