Saturday, October 22, 2011

When I Forget

Michael E. Wood
September 29, 2011

When I forget that You alone
Are my satisfaction
It grieves me then to know
That I have yielded to distraction
Of this world, or of my flesh
Or even Satan’s schemes
Which veils Your lovely face, O Christ
And all Your radiant beams
Of glory which continually
Is shining forth within
For You have purchased me with blood
And cleanse me from my sin.


Forgive me for my thoughtlessness
And failure in Your sight
And cause me to rejoice in this;
The power of Your might!
For as You in Your faithfulness
Give strength to pray and toil
I shall rejoice in You alone
As one that found great spoil.
And though You have now blessed
On earth with more than I imagined
These pale in their comparison
Of all that You have fashioned
By Your Spirit and the promise
Of Your Word You give
That we by faith may love You more
And to Your glory give.

No comments:

Post a Comment