Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Lamb whose blood, Your work has done!

Michael E. Wood
December 7, 2011

But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. See that you do not refuse him who is speaking. For if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape if we reject him who warns from heaven.  Hebrews 12:22-25

Having been blessed of the Lord to read a number of messages concerning the precious blood of Christ preached by C. H. Spurgeon from the late 1800’s over the last several days, a number joyous thoughts stand out in my mind conveyed from our mighty God through that man.

One thing in particular was this, “Preach the atoning sacrifice of the Lamb of God and then sing of it.” C. H. Spurgeon February 28, 1886

Though the following can in no way convey the breadth, the length, the depth and the height of the communion of the eternal Spirit of Christ as He has offered His precious blood as an atonement for our sins, may the words of our mouth and the meditations of our heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD our strength and our Redeemer!

Preach the atoning sacrifice
Of Jesus Christ the Lamb
And sing of it ye children
Of our God, The Great “I Am”.


The sprinkling of His blood that day
Is that which keeps me in the way
Of righteousness and peace within
By Christ’s atonement for my sin.


Oh, when we see our self as weak
The precious blood of Christ doth speak
And answers to the Father’s throne,
“These children I have made my own.
For when I drank the bitter cup
Of wrath in full when lifted up
Upon the cross on Calvary’s hill
It was for them, my blood did spill.
For You were just and justified
When My eternal Spirit cried
Out ‘Forgive’; and godly made
Sinners by My blood and bade
Them bold approach as satisfied
And You My Father glorified
Discharged the dept as fully paid
As I my blood before You laid
The only sacrifice accepted
With every member thus connected
In My body, Your blessed Son,
The Lamb whose blood, Your work has done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment