Sunday, December 4, 2011

Your Covenant Secures

Michael E. Wood
November 1, 2011

He remembers his covenant forever, the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations the covenant that he made with Abraham, his sworn promise to Isaac, Psalm 105:8, 9

While God as a Father calls us to be responsible and to remember the mighty works that He has done throughout human history as well as within our hearts by His Spirit, He likewise knows the infirmity of our flesh which often includes a short memory span. I am so thankful that we live in a day in which we are privileged to have the written Word of God in its entirety at our disposal here in America, whereby we are enabled to stir up the gift of God that is within us by way of remembrance. But even more thankful am I that He is not dependant upon our memory to fulfill His covenant promises through the person and work of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I thank You that Your memory
Is better than my own
And that Your covenant secures
Sure mercies from Your throne
For when my heart condemns me
For the sins that I have sinned,
My confidence comes from Your Word
And Spirit now within.


And You are so much greater
Than my heart or anything
That would seek to separate me
From the loving Spring
Of which You are and showed to us
When Christ; His life laid down
That we may stand alone in Him
Who Is the solid ground,
And stabilizes every step
As we follow in His train,
By grace through faith as He
Our Master over us doth reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment