Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Today than Yesterday

Michael E. Wood
April 17, 2012

Revelation 22:3-5

No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

Oh more today than yesterday Oh Lord help me embrace
The grace You give for faith to live and see Your smiling face.
For all I need I find in You who saved me from disgrace
That for Your glory I might live in this sin darkened place.

Oh by Your Mighty Spirit please descend upon my heart
And show to me the things of Christ You’ve chosen to impart
Within my soul that I might know and know more fully yet
The power that You placed in me, when You my soul beget.

As I have these tendencies to be dull and confused
I thank You that the preaching of the cross is what You use
To refresh my spirit and desire true holiness,
The fruit that shows the gift that’s given by Christ’s righteousness.

The light of knowledge of Your glory in the face of Christ
You’ve given that we might be lamps in this world’s darkened night
Until the day that all is day with no more temp’ral sun
And we then dwell within the veil of The Eternal One!

No comments:

Post a Comment