Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

For Mother's Day this year, Michael decided to go 100% handmade--both the inside and (delightfully) the outside.  I think all mother's can recall how precious those handmade cards were, that their little boy or girl would present to them on special occassions.   And, I think that most mother's would also be delighted to be reminded of those sweet memories by receiving such a card from their 56 year son or daughter.  This year Michael decided to do just that.  He wrote a poem for both his mother and his granmother; we printed it out on card stock; and, he hand-illustrated the front of each card.  


Happy Mother's Day - Mom

I’m praying for you mother;
No distance can prevent
The heartfelt full affection
Which from heaven now is sent

And though this gift be not
Of which one sees or holds in hand,
My trust is in the Living God
Who gives the grace to stand
Amidst the conflicts and the trials
Which from His hand are good
And used of Him to comfort
All His own when understood.

Good it would have been to know
These things when just a child
When you sent me for a switch,
When not so meek and mild.
And every one I’m thankful for
As now I’m looking back,
And know you meant it for my good
That I might stay on track.

So though I can not be with you
On this your special day,
My very best I give for you
When for you I do pray.


Happy Mother's Day Grandma

Another year has come and gone
And now it’s Mothers Day.
I trust to you a smile to bring
In words I have to say,
For though our life is short
And like a breath when it is done,
I’m thankful that in faithfulness
That you the race have run,
And though the pace be slower now
In this part of your story,
The LORD will be your everlasting
Light, your God, your Glory!

So as you talk of ‘wanna-be’s’
While in the chair you sit,
Don’t let anyone now rob you
Of your humor or your wit.
For all will be as it should be
In just a little while
And all will see the face of Him
Who on His children smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment