Sunday, May 6, 2012

Thou Art Enough

Michael E. Wood
April 18, 2012

Luke 10:42
but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”

“How I wish that all professing Christians would bring themselves to an examination, and enquire, ‘Do I really believe in the person of my Lord, and accept Him as my Teacher? Do I study the Word of God to learn the truth from Him, and not accept it blindly and at second hand from my minister, or my parents, or the church of the nation, or creed of my family?’ We go to Jesus for teaching, desiring with our hearts to be taught by His book and His Spirit, cheerfully agreeing in all things to shape our faith to His declaration, and our life to His rule. For us, there must be no spiritual law-giver, and no infallible Rabbi, but the Blessed One, whom Magdalene called ‘Rabboni,’ and whom Thomas saluted as, ‘My Lord and my God.’”
C.H. Spurgeon

Upon contemplation of the passage from the gospel according to Luke, and the statement above along with the message in its entirety entitled, “The One Thing Needful”, the following was written.

Oh fill me with eternal stuff
Which shall attest Thou art enough
To all You bring into the room
To smell of Christ, the sweet perfume,
Prepared and given up for You
To manifest Your glory too!

For as You cause us now to sit
And learn of You from holy writ,
The hold of that which is so vain
Doth lose its grip by what we gain
In sweet communion as we rest
In Your own presence, freely blest,
And hear the voice of Christ our King
Who did for us obtain one thing
Which is of greatest need o’er all
To every child of whom You call.

No comments:

Post a Comment