Saturday, August 11, 2012

Grace From Heaven’s Throne

Michael E. Wood
July 13, 2011

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

This past week I have had the pleasure of both preaching from Psalm 19 along with the continuation of reading through Studies in The Sermon on The Mount by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones.  Lloyd-Jones quotes George Muller as writing the following, There was a day when I died, utterly dead, died to George Muller and his opinions, preferences, tastes and will; died to the world, its approval or censure; died to the approval or blame of even my brethren and friends; and since then I have studied only to show myself approved unto God.

Thus the following thoughts in prayer came to mind...

Much more than what I say or do
Lord, make my heart more true
That even in my thoughts intent
All praise will go to you.

For as You search me; painfully
I must confess that now
I see more need to die to self
And only You know how
To lead me by Your Spirit
And the words that I now hear
To walk in all true holiness
And live with You in fear.

Thank You for the fact that
Not a moment do You leave
But work to cleanse me from my sin
And more than I perceive.
And though at times it seems
That only tears You give for meat,
The blessing surely follows
As You guide me to complete
The work that You began
When first You brought me to the cross
To see my sin you carried
And exchanged eternal loss
For the life that I now live
With no claim of my own
But ask that You would fill me more
With grace from heaven’s throne

No comments:

Post a Comment