Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Sacrifice


Michael E. Wood
February 7, 2013

While heading toward Atria El Camino Gardens to preach in the Life Guidance unit according to my usual schedule, some of the following words began to come to mind. Noticing that I had a few minutes before needing to go, I hurriedly began to write on the back of a piece of paper which had a new song that I had been given to sing but had not yet memorized. Having written the first verse and in the process of writing the second, I realized that the rest would have to wait, as I needed to go inside for the service. Later that afternoon, while heading for John Adams Manor, for a Bible Study with Eric Davis, the thought continued and when I arrived, I wrote the remainder of this short prayer poem. Upon sharing the poem with Eric, he said, “You ought to read that in church”. Though short in length and simple in thought, it is my prayer to the glory of God.

Oh, You who raised me
Through the cross of Christ
Unto Yourself,
And breathed in me the breath of life
To give Your peace
And health.

Oh, help me to now
Contemplate Your mercy
And Your call,
And yield my life
A sacrifice
To You, Oh LORD of all!



No comments:

Post a Comment