Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Like An Arrow


Michael E. Wood
January 24-25, 2013

Teach me your way, O Lord, Psalm 27:11a

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:9-11

For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. John 17:8

Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. Hebrews 1:1-2

What began as a research project to more fully comprehend the meaning of the word “teach” in the context of the passage from Psalm 27 developed into a new song with a new melody.

Holy Father speak through Jesus
By Your Spirit as You teach,
Making us much more receptive
That Your church may others reach
For Your glory build the body
As the temple of Your praise
Knowing You are ever present
In the Son whom You did raise.

May Your teaching flow as water
Cleansing me from all my sin
Purifying and refreshing,
Words of grace to glory in.
Like an arrow, aim Your finger
At the things which You know best
In my heart which needs Your teaching
To bear fruit by Him who’s blest.

Give the seed then to the sower
And the bread to them that eat,
That Your name as everlasting
May be praised at Jesus feet.
Speak from heaven and accomplish
All Your will just as You please,
Till the time that You appointed
All confess and bow their knees.

Then in heaven we shall glory
In Your praise forevermore
In the likeness of our Savior
As the Son whom You adore.
In His fullness, all partaking
Of Your love in purest light
Never ending, ever flowing;
Fulfill thoughts of Your delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment