Tuesday, March 5, 2013

You Cover Me

Michael E. Wood
January 23, 2013

Do you preach the gospel to yourself every day? There are times of which I feel pummeled by the thoughts which arise from remaining sin; but God, in mercy, by His Spirit, reminds me of that which Christ has accomplished at Calvary.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, Ephesians 6: 13-14

You cover me and help me see
Corruptions yet remain in me
And bid me draw near to Your breast
And claim the armor for my chest
Of which by blood You now provide
That I, in You alone, may hide.

This heart would sure fell every test
Had You not purchased peace and rest
Upon the cross of Calvary
That we by faith may follow Thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment