Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Christ is Preeminent!

We are told by the voice of God through the apostle Paul in the book of Colossians that Christ Is Preeminent! In Him all things are held together. He Is The Head of the body, The church. He Is The Beginning, The Firstborn from the dead, that in everything He might be Preeminent.

Proverbs 11:2b,3a "... with the humble Is Wisdom. The integrity of The Upright guides them..."

While pondering these thoughts, the following came to my mind:

You are my integrity, and You are my pride,
And by You Sweet Spirit, Your Word is my Guide!
You Are my Wisdom, and You are my Fear,
Because of Your mercy, I know You are near.

You Are Righteous and Blameless and keep my way straight.
Your truth gives discernment to know what to hate.
Within and without; You now lead by Your Hand,
And strengthen to live in Your Promised Land.

Oh teach our hands quickly to know how to fight.
Abundance of counselors You give by Your might!
To wage the good warfare and stand in Your strength,
By love without bounds, beyond depth, without length!


Michael E. Wood
June 11, 2010 7:51 am

No comments:

Post a Comment