Saturday, June 19, 2010

He is the Christ!

As I began to read a message by C. H. Spurgeon entitled, "Testimony and Experience", which began with the passage of scripture found in John 4:39-42, the first chorus with a tune then came to mind. Four days later with the completion of reading that message along with hearing a message by John Piper, entitled, "Build Your Life on the Mercies of God" (Rom.12:1,2), the following was the result:

Many from our town believed
Because of words you brought,
"He told me all I ever did",
For Jesus knew your thoughts.
But many others came to Him
With doubt and fears to seek,
Believing not until they heard
The precious Saviour speak.

(Chorus)
Now we believe,
but not for thy saying.
For we have heard
Him for ourselves.
And now we know
that He has now spoken.
The Saviour of the world,
for He indeed is the Christ!

I once thought that I knew Him too
For others taught me well.
I did not know the knowledge then
Would take me straight to hell.
And all my works were blinded
By my passions and my pride,
Then crushed in spirit, Jesus came,
Revealed His bleeding side.

(Chorus-2)
Now I believe,
but not by thy saying.
For I have heard
His Word for myself,
And now I know
by His Spirit He's spoken.
The Saviour of the world,
for He indeed is the Christ!

So if you have all knowledge,
but your love for God's amiss.
And faith to move all mountains
but you know not mercies kiss.
Repent then from your pride and sin,
your shame and hopelessness.
For Christ alone, for atoned,
your only hope for bliss.

(Chorus 3)
Sing with me then,
if you have heard Him.
For He has raised
us up from the pit.
And for His glory,
He has now spoken.
The Saviour of the world,
for He indeed is the Christ!


Michael E. Wood
June 15, 2010

Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, "He told me all that I ever did." So when the Samaritans came to him, they asked him to stay with them, and he stayed there two days. And many more believed because of his word. They said to the woman, "It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world." John 4:39-42

No comments:

Post a Comment