Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Glory and My Head!

Having purchased an ESV Study Bible through DesiringGod.com, one of the benefits which came with the purchase was an on-line audio of the Bible. While being busy with some other things and listening to 1st John in it's entirety, the following came to mind;

The Son of God has come to me--
The Savior of the world;
And soundness to my mind He gives,
Though Satan's dart are hurled.

For on the cross He purchased me
And crushed that serpent's head
And freed me from my sin within
And to it, I am dead.

Though writhing yet remains in me
Through flesh of which I hate,
My Savior Is my Comfort
And through Him I shall escape.

Oh No, I take not lightly
All the flaws of which you've read;
But joy in God through Jesus Christ,
My Glory, and my Head!


Michael E. Wood
June 29. 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment