Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Sweet Love

On April 18, 2010 I sent Dianna, via email, a personal poem that I had written. It was never posted on the blog. A few days after arriving in California and settling into our new apartment, she printed out a copy of it and laid it on the dining room table. I smiled as I saw it laying there. What she did not know, was that another poem of a personal nature was in the process of coming to mind prior to me even seeing the one that she printed out and thus I immediately began to write out the new poem on the same printed page. Since we are now married, we feel the liberty to post both. Below is the original four verses of the poem from April 18, 2010 followed by the four new verses.

(04/18/2010)
Here I wait for my Sweet Love
For whom I Love o much
And though I cannot see her face
My heart still knows her touch.

For God has blessed me far beyond
All I could ever earn--
For by His grace He's touched our lives
And for Him we do yearn.

Oh Precious Father, thank You for
This gift You've given me--
Of my Dianna; because, of You
Together soon we'll be.

Reflections of the wondrous grace
Of how You have made two--
Becoming one to praise the Son
As You've made all things new!

(06/09/2010 - 3:42 p.m.)
This helpmate from Jesus
Now heretofore known,
More precious than rubies,
Her value is shown,

That we now as one
May look pure to the face
Of Jesus our Saviour
And run now our race.

Oh help us by mercy
And all of Your love,
Reflect now Your glory
Til with You above,

We sing all Your praises
As with You we'll be,
Beholding the glory
Of Your Majesty!


Michael E. Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment