Thursday, June 30, 2011

This Week that was Written

Michael E. Wood
June 17, 2011

With having two opportunities to be a mouthpiece to proclaim the glory of Christ this past week, very little thought was given toward writing, and yet the privilege to spend a greater degree of time reading and studying the Word of God reminded me not only of my need and dependence upon the Spirit of God to be my teacher but also a reminder that it is God the Father through the merit of Christ who has written and continues to write the truth of the gospel upon my heart. Thus the following words came to mind Friday morning.

Little on paper this week that was written
But into my heart by my God that was smitten.
For He in the form of a man on the cross
Gave His life to redeem me from failure and loss.


For nothing I’ve done or can do measures up
To the blessed forgiveness obtained by the cup
Christ drank to the full as God’s justice was spent
Wherein He showed mercy, gave grace to repent
From the sin and the pride that had blinded my eyes
To know that His love overcomes the great lies
That once I believed as a child of this world
While led by its spirit as deeper I hurled
Myself into depths of depravities store,
Deceived by my heart and God’s Word I ignored
Until He was pleased to reveal by the Light
Of His glory through Jesus to live in His sight.


The times of my ignorance God has winked at.
O glorious translation for more than a chat,
For we by the power and the joy of Christ’s’ union
Embrace and enjoy such Holy Communion
That all in this world surely loses appeal
By the greatest high calling, consumed by the zeal
Of knowing our Savior who over His house,
Has loved us forever; His bride and His spouse.


Now He is the purpose my soul shall define,
His excellence grants me the grace to refine
All that remains to His praise by the Name
Of Jesus, Who Is and forever the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment