Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New Sparks of Praise!

Michael E. Wood 

Normally when poetic lines come to mind, I reach for a notebook in which the majority of the poems and songs that I am given are written down with the date. On some occasions, I simply reach for the closest sheet of paper that is available with the intent of transferring the thoughts over at a later date. While in preparation and study for a message from Romans 1:16-17 the following “Sparks” came to mind in either late September or the first week of October 2012.

Oh how my love doth wax and wane
And oft doth keep from speaking plain
The truths You’ve given by Your Word
And by Your Holy Spirit heard
To see by faith with open eyes,
Our Lord and Savior as the prize
For which all heaven and earth proclaims
The splendor of Your Precious Name!

Forgive me for the way at times
I draw attention to myself,
And help me by Your power
To reflect the One who is our health!

October 2, 2012

Sometimes I do forget that Christ is all my righteousness,
But then in faith God leads me to again my sins confess.
He makes me see anew, as He my Shield; Defender Is,
My God and Savior, Lord and King, and He has made me His!

No hope have I apart from Him, who sealed me in His love,
Who causes me afresh to hear the sound and joy of
His voice so sweetly singing while rejoicing in His praise.
He is the Lord our Righteousness, and shall be all our days!

No comments:

Post a Comment