Saturday, December 22, 2012

Suffering What You Deem Best


Michael E. Wood
September 27, 2012
 ... and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. Romans 8:17

While listening online to Pastor Michael Karns from Beacon Baptist Church preach on the subject of “Suffering: The Pathway to Glory”, some of those from our congregation at Immanuel Baptist came to mind as they are undergoing a season of suffering.

Having undergone certain seasons of suffering in my own life, at the age of fifty-six, I have no expectations that they will be the last. So as much as I trust the Lord may use the following to be an encouragement to others, I likewise commit all into our Fathers hands to uphold me by His steadfast love and faithfulness when called upon to look to Him with joy while enduring that which He deems best for His infinite glory.

Oh Father help me see this as a gift from Your sure hands
Which draws me close to comprehend Your presence by the bands
Of love beyond all measure and affixed by Your design
To know that I am Yours and through Christ Jesus, You are mine!

Oh help me then embrace that, which You’ve chosen for my good,
In suffering what You deem best and by You understood
To be that which will make me more like Jesus in this time;
To taste and see that You are good till with You then sublime,
Exulting in Your glory when all truth will then unfold
The wonders of Your grace which were much greater than were told.

No comments:

Post a Comment