Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Psalm 27- Sparks of Praise


Michael E. Wood

 While the study of Psalm 27 has been quite fruitful in relation to preparation for preaching its content over the course of several weeks at Atria, it has likewise been a source through which praise has been lifted from my own heart as well.

November 25, 2012

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me,
and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
Psalm 27:6

I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,  John 17:20

The truth that we perpetuate
Was given for Thy own Names sake.
For You did ask and we believe
That You for us did leave and cleave
As the husband of the bride
You gave Yourself and we abide
By all You are O Christ alone,
Exalted on Thy glory’s throne,
Restored unto the Fathers place
Oh high, the head of Adams race
Till all is new and all are one;
You purchased as the Fathers Son.

November 30, 2012

You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, Lord, do I seek.” Psalm 27:8

We may not always know on earth
What God may have in mind
But certainly we know that
In His glory we will find
That He knew exactly
What to do in every case
To bring about humility
As sin He would abase
To demonstrate the power
Of His own transforming grace
To perfect our praise
By turning us unto His face.

November 2012

Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation! Psalm 27:9

You carry me from birth to death
And grant to me my every breath
That with the life that You now give
I may unto Your glory live.

You are the song that I now sing,
The source and the Almighty Spring
By which refreshing water flows
To quench the thirst for grace that grows
With every glimpse You give to view
Your beauty and Your glory too!

November 3, 2012

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!  Psalm 27:14

Be of good courage, O yes be it mine,
All for Thy glory, O Father divine.
That is the word You now speak to my heart
And seal by Your Spirit to never depart!

No comments:

Post a Comment