Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sparks of Praise from Romans


Michael E. Wood
November 13, 2012

Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, Romans 1:1- 4

As helpless babe you came to earth,
The seed of David made by birth,
But in that resurrection hour;
Declared the Son of God in pow’r!

November 20, 2012

O help me love Thee as I ought
With every thought and deed,
Well ordered by Thy Spirit
And the word before decreed,
That Thou alone be glorified
By holiness of heart
Of which, O Christ, you purchased
To the full and not in part.

For when You rose victorious
O’er my sin and conquered grave,
You raised me with Yourself
To be Your child and loving slave,
Now free from all the judgment
Which Your righteousness imputes
And shields me in my conscience
When my foes come with rebukes,

For as I take my stand I trust
Your armor as my own
And raise the shield of faith
You gave by grace through You alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment