Monday, January 7, 2013

Christ Our Strength Is Present


Michael E. Wood
December 5, 12, 2012

 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2nd Corinthians 12:9-10

While each of us, as children of God, is called to face various trials in this life for the glory of God, it is not always easy. The pain is real, whether it is physical, emotional, spiritual, or all of the above. Thanks be to God as our Father, whose grace is sufficient to meet our every need in Christ Jesus, our Lord.

How good it is to be reminded of our weakness here
That we might see that Christ our strength is present, which is clear
To all that He draws near in truth, though humbled we may be
For through the path of suffering, His glory we shall see.

So take good courage by His Spirit, sent from heavens throne
And glory in the glory He will share with all His own.
For nothing on this earth compares with what our eyes shall see
When for His Name we’re raised to know His awesome majesty!

Press on then toward the goal while stretching forward to the prize,
The upward call of God in Christ Jesus as you rise
Above these troubles you now face as nothing separates
Us from His love and surely comes for all who on Him waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment